Project Assistant ( ə/h qeyd olunmayıb )
International Organization for Migration
- Carry out daily tasks, provide assistance developing, implementing and monitoring counter trafficking project activities.
- Liaise with government and non-government agencies, international and national consultants and other stakeholders for successful implementation of the counter trafficking project.
- Support in promoting dialogue, information-sharing and cooperation among government and non-government actors on areas of cooperation and project implementation; promote internal information sharing within units in IOM Baku.
- Prepare necessary project documents to fulfil donor requirements, e.g. interim reports, letters, meeting minutes, activity updates, branding and visibility documents, media monitoring, Monitoring and Evaluation, and other reports.
- Provide regular updates on national and regional issues relating to trafficking in human beings and migration to the team.
- Verify that counter trafficking project expenditures are in compliance with approved project budget and inform azy inconsistency to the supervisor; follow up for the timely submission of required project reports by consultants and contractors.
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for effective implementation of the project activities including meetings, workshops, conferences, seminars. Support in arrangement of missions (contractual agreements, travel arrangements, advance settlements, administrative requirements) including necessary follow up.
- Travel on field missions whenever possible and required by any activity planned under the counter trafficking project.
- Maintain systematic filing of the project related documents (reports, letters, administrative documents, etc.) on a regular basis.
- Provide support to the informal translation of information (reports, fact sheets, presentations, legislative and policy documents, presentations etc.) relating to human trafficking and migration (Azerbaijani to English or vice-versa) as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- Təhsil: Ali (bakalavr)
- İş təcrübəsi: 1 - 3 il
- Yaş həddi göstərilməyib
- Completed secondary/high school education with at least five years of relevant work experience in the area of project implementation and reporting, or;
- University degree in Law, International Relations, Political Science, Social Science from an accredited academic institution with three years relevant work experience in the above fields.
- Experience in project coordination and implementation;
- Experience in handling contracts and financial management;
- Experience in writing donor reports;
- Knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in developing trainings and institutional capacity building;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
- Solid knowledge of PCs and MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.);
- Prior experience of working within the UN Common System or in an international/non-governmental organization a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani is required.
- Russian is an advantage.
- Required Competencies
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
- SVN Number AZVN2018-12
- Position Title: Project Assistant
- Duty Station: Baku, Azerbaijan
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English by indicating name of the position applied with its SVN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com by the end of 28 September 2018.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted